The sun is shining in Michigan. That is a rare thing around these parts. Usually during the winter it is gloomy and cloudy.
I've been in BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) for 9 years. This year we are studying the Life of Moses. We are currently in Numbers when the Israelites grumble about not having meat and wishing they could go back to Egypt. I'm a children's leader for BSF-I teach 1st and 2nd graders. Tonight at BSF we will be talking a lot about grumbling verses being grateful. I've been very convicted lately about grumbling. I grumble a lot about laundry-it never goes away. But, I need to be grateful (the opposite of grumbling) that I have clothes, a washing machine, a family who wears the clothes. It is all about perspective!
I thought I'd do a post about things I love and am grateful for. I want to be a person who sees the cup half full, and appreciates the things I have, big or small. I'm going to change my grumble to grateful!
Things I'm Thankful For:
1. My husband's job (We know many people who have lost their jobs -I'm very thankful.)
2. Being a stay at home mother/homeschooling mother.
3. Having freedom to go to church and read our Bibles.
4. Having healthy kids (We currently have several friends who have children with cancer or serious illness.)
5. That we have 2 vehicles-so I have the freedom to go places during the day.
6. That I have a healthy and happy marriage. (Again, I currently have a few friends who are going through serious marital problems.)
7. That we have a church that preaches the truth.
8. That we live in a state that is so homeschool friendly.
9. That we are not in debt.
10. That I have peace, contentment, and joy.
Changing grumbles into grateful all starts with my attitude, and how I choose to see things.
The Big Boo Cast, Episode 90
21 hours ago