Monday, February 9, 2009

Valentine's Day


I've been trying to be intentional with teaching my kids how to love and serve others. I really want that to start within our own family.


I came up with a fun idea for my daughter and I to do together this week. We are going to plan a nice Valentine's dinner for my husband and my son. We will make homemade invitations to invite the men in our lives to come to a Valentine Party on Friday night. Brooklyn and I will scour the cookbooks to find a nice meal to make them, and we will go to the grocery store together to find all of the items we need. We will make all of our decorations and table settings. On Friday we will work together to create a beautiful table and environment. My daughter really loves to do this type of thing, and I hope this will create in her the desire to make her future home a sanctuary and place of love. It all starts right here, with our own family. Serving them and doing something special together. I want my kids to see their brother/sister relationship and special and a blessing. I want them to enjoy spending time together (they do) and learn to do special and loving things for each other. I believe, if they can start there, then serving their own husband, wife, and children someday, will come easily.


I'll have pictures after the big party on Friday. I hope you will come up with fun ways to show your own families how much you love them and how special they are.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How creative and fun!! Your kids are adorable! Can't wait to see the pics.

Amy said...

That sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to see pictures!!

When Laurel was little we started doing a special meal on Vday. We always look forward to it!!