Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Day One of My Week of Peace

Today is day one of no kids for a whole week.

I woke up and MISSED THEM right off the bat.
Darn it.

But I know they are having so much fun. I prayed for them before I even got out of bed.
And then.........
I remembered......I have all day-all to myself. My husband left for work and won't be home until late tonight because he golfs on Wed. nights.

Last night I made my husband and I a big salad with grilled chicken for dinner. I lit a candle. We ate in complete peace and silence. Dinner is one of my favorite times, we are really BIG on eating together as a family-great conversation happens at our dinner table. But last night was NICE. We had ADULT TALK. I could focus on my husband and what he was saying.

Today after I woke up-I scrubbed a few floors (couldn't help it) and then laid on the hammock with my cat and enjoyed the birds singing. We live on 3 acres out in the country-about 6 miles from civilization-so we have total peace out here. What a great way to start the day. I prayed and came up with my plan for my day.

I went for a 4 mile walk-listened to a great podcast on the way. Took a shower, drove through McDonalds and got a $1.00 HUGE diet coke on the way to the Humane Society where I walked dogs for 1 1/2 hours. Came home-hit the hammock again and read. Took a 10 min. nap and read.

Later- a chick flick all to myself compliments of NetFlix- I might eat a bowl of cereal and M&Ms for dinner.

Missing my kids- but loving my quiet days. I think I'm weird because I have NO DESIRE to interact or socialize while my kids are away.....I could go spend great quality time with friends but I just feel like a recluse and taking it easy.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring- I hope it is JUST LIKE TODAY!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds wonderful! Enjoy the rest of your week!

Amy said...

Ahhhhh it all sounds so wonderful!! I would love a day like that. Enjoy this time!!